Police Blotter 4/14

Police responded about 8:20 a.m. Thursday to a downtown office where an employee reported a man had exposed himself the previous night at the 1000 block of Wallace, then returned to his home, stood in the window, and mimicked various sex acts.
Officers reported they would seek an arrest warrant for indecent exposure.
• • •
About 10 a.m. Thursday officers saw a white Lincoln driving about 65 mph in a 35 mph zone on Grand Street near Thornton and stopped the car. The driver told officers he was on his way to the animal shelter to perform community service on a prior conviction for speeding.
Police arrested the driver for speeding and driving while his license was suspended, and in the process of searching his car found marijuana paraphernalia that he admitted to using a week earlier.
• • •
Staff at a daycare center called police Thursday regarding possible criminal sexual contact of a 3-year-old girl. The girl told staff members a man had touched her private parts and that she was sore in her pelvic region.
Children, Youth and Families Department staff took the girl for a sexual assault nurse examiner check at Plains Regional Medical Center and interviewed relatives regarding the girl’s statements.
• • •
About 4:30 p.m. Thursday, police received a call from a mother who said four boys had hit her handicapped daughter over the head with eggs on the school bus and her hair and shirt were covered with eggs. The mother said her daughter had a medical tube inserted in her head and could have been seriously injured if the tube had been dislodged by the assault.
While police were at the student’s home, the phone rang and the caller identified himself as one of the students involved in the attack who wanted to apologize. Police contacted the boys who admitted to their involvement and said the did it “for fun.”
• • •
Police responded to a Clovis nursing home about 7:30 p.m. Thursday where a staff member said she took off her wedding ring while showing one of the residents around and found it missing when she returned.
The woman said the ring was worth $1,500 and had 81 small diamonds on a thick gold band, with two small diamonds missing.

Police Blotter is compiled by CNJ staff writer Darrell Todd Maurina. He can be contacted at 763-6991 or: