Clovis and Curry County will be busy with road projects this summer, according to city and county officials.
The majority of city projects will be on residential streets, said Public Works Director Harry Wang, where they will overlay current roads with a hot mix asphalt. The residential street projects are all funded through city funds.
According to Wang, the design of a Llano Estacado and Norris roundabout is almost complete, but securing the state-managed federal funds is difficult.
The roundabout is a circular intersection with yield control of all entering traffic, officials say. This is a cost effective and low maintenance alternative to installing a traffic signal, Wang said.
He said the project could be pushed back if they are unable to tap the funds.
The county is using state funds to finish off a number of county roads with a double layer of chipseal this summer, said Curry County Road Superintendent Danny Davis. This process is expected to be finished by September. In all, the county will surface about 17 miles of county roads with chipseal and about 18 with caliche.
Here is a look at the projects, which are expected to be completed by October:
• Fairway Terrace from the Norris Street intersection to the Ben Hogan Street intersection, and west to Prince Street.
• Tucker Avenue between Wicks Avenue and Manana Boulevard
• Lisa Avenue between Manana Boulevard and Tucker Avenue
• Sunland Drive from Sandia to Williams Avenue
• Park Drive between Gidding and Main streets
• Highland Drive between Gidding and Main streets
• Mesa Drive between Gidding and Main streets
• State Avenue between Gidding and Main streets
• Second Street between Gidding and Main streets
• Pile Street from Second to 21st streets
• Gidding Street from Plains Avenue to 21st Street
• Sheridan Street from Rio to Seventh streets
• Jefferson Street from Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard to Frontage Road
• Frontage between Jefferson and Sheridan streets
• Echols Avenue between Debra and 21 streets
• Cameo Street between Seventh Street and 17th streets
• Johnson Street between Second and 4th streets
• Hall Street between Second and Fourth streets
• 13th Street between Sycamore and Prince streets
• 12th Street between Walnut and Prince streets
11th Street between Sycamore and Prince streets
• 10th Street between Sycamore and Prince streets
• Ninth Street between Sycamore and Prince streets
• Eighth Street between Sycamore and Prince streets
• A roundabout for the intersection of Llano Estacado and Norris is the design stages now. It is hoped that construction will begin in late summer to early fall and should take approximately three months to complete.
• County Road C From 60/84 to County Road 8
• County Road 8 From County Road C to County Road E
• County Road C From State Road77 to County Road 19
• County Road K From County Road 4 to County Road 5
• County Road D From State Road19 to County Road 36
• County Road 20 From State Road209 to State Road 108
• County Road 16 From State Road209 to County Road M
• County Road 4 from U.S. 70 to railroad tracks for Southwest Cheese
On the Web:
There is a map of the paving plans for each district of the city at the site below and there are photos of the work being done: