Milk Cow Classic
At Rock Staubus Gym
Abilene Cooper 52, Rio Rancho 48
Pampa 67, Santa Fe St. Michael’s 55
Rio Grande 65, Aztec 54
Clovis 70, Amarillo Tascosa 59
Rio Rancho vs. St. Michael’s, 11:10 a.m.
Aztec vs. Tascosa, 12:50 p.m.
Cooper vs. Pampa, 4:10 p.m.
Rio Grande vs. Clovis, 7:30 p.m.
* Abilene Cooper held Rio Rancho to four points in the first quarter and went on to a 52-48 win over the Rams. Ryan Harp led the Cougars (11-5) with 23 points, including three 3-pointers, and Noah Wolfe topped Rio Rancho (4-6) with 14 points.
* Pampa built a 21-point, first-quarter lead and held off Santa Fe St. Michael’s 67-55. Senior guards Sharod Young and Braydon Barker led the Harvesters (12-3) with 21 and 17 points, respectively, including five 3-pointers by Barker, while Jordan Romero netted 17 for the Horsemen (7-2).
* Rio Grande saw a 15-point halftime lead disappear when the Ravens scored just four points in the third period, then rallied back with a 28-15 fourth-quarter run to beat Aztec 65-54. Top scorers were Isaac Perez with 26 for Rio Grande (7-6) and Matt Thompson with 18 for Aztec (5-5).
Plateau Holiday Classic
At Rock Staubus Gym
Gallup 52, Moriarty 24
Portales 56, El Paso Ysleta 16
La Cueva 43, Farmington 26
Clovis 67, Eldorado 30
Moriarty vs. Ysleta, 4 p.m.
Farmington vs. Eldorado, 9:30 a.m.
Gallup vs. Portales, 2:30 p.m.
La Cueva vs. Clovis, 6 p.m.
* Gallup extended a one-point lead on Cherelle Rosales’ 3-pointer as time expired in the first quarter and never looked back, rolling to a 52-24 win over Moriarty. Sophomore forward Courtney Cowboy led the balanced Bengals (9-1) with 13 points, while freshman twins Brandi and Kristen Valencia topped the Lady Pintos (5-4) with 8 and 7 points, respectively.
* La Cueva improved to 10-2 and ended a two-game losing streak with a 43-26 win over Farmington. Senior Kaitlyn Rice had 14 points for the Bears, while senior forward Sable Slowman topped Farmington (4-8) with 8 points.