The Local Growth Management Committee, consisting of elected representatives from Portales, Clovis, and Curry and Roosevelt counties, appointed the nine members of the Local Growth Management Organization on Friday.
The organization members will make recommendations to the Local Growth Management Committee regarding the anticipated growth brought about by an expanded mission at Cannon Air Force Base. The organization will act as a liaison between the Air Force and Office of Economic Adjustment.
The following six people were appointed for skill set positions:
• Education: Randy Fowler, Portales Schools superintendent.
• Healthcare: Hoyt Skabelund, administrator, Plains Regional Medical Center.
• Military leadership: Retired Air Force Col. Dale Hensley
• Infrastructure development: Pat Burns, Cannon Air Force Base
• Finance/accounting/legal: Kent Carruthers, Citizens Bank of Clovis.
• Community services/family support: Raymond Mondragon, ENMR-Plateau.
The following three are “General Member” appointments:
• Everett Frost, former president of Eastern New Mexico University.
• Lonnie Leslie, retired Clovis Schools administrator.
• James Floyd, retired Air Force chief master sergeant.