The 39th Annual Agriculture and Home Economics Seminar hosted by the Quay County Extension Service will be Thursday at the Tucumcari Convention Center at 1500 West Route 66.
Programs will begin at 9 a.m. Topics include:
• Alternative feed solutions as the price of corn continues to rise.
• Care of the home pecan orchard.
• How the quality of irrigation water affects the quality of soils and crops.
• Changes in obtaining and maintaining a green card for purchasing pesticides.
• “Beating the Winter Blues.”
• Discusions on Bird Flu, West Nile, Mad Cow and other media panic stories and sharing simple preventable measures.
The programs are free and a lunch will be provided by area businesses. The seminar will end with a door prize drawing.
For information, call the Quay County Extension Office at 461-0562.