No new info on attempted abduction

CNJ Staff

Clovis police said Wednesday they have no new information on an attempted abduction reported by a 14-year-old girl last week.

Capt. Patrick Whitney said there have been no other reports of abduction attempts since the Aug. 2 incident, which remains under investigation.

“There’s nothing to indicate parents should be keeping their kids locked in the house, but at the same time they should know where their kids are,” Whitney said.

A girl whose identity has been withheld by police reported she was walking to a friend’s house in the area of Fairway Terrace when a man drove up beside her and attempted to force her into his car, police said.

A man in a white tow truck helped her get away, she said.

Police said they have not been able to locate any witnesses to the girl’s report, and they’ve not been able to locate the man in the tow truck.