The Clovis Wildcats moved to 20-0 Friday with a 78-65 win Friday at Artesia.
Jaye Crockett led the top-ranked Wildcats with 23 points.
The Lady Wildcats beat Artesia 52-32 at Rock Staubus Gymnasium.
Anteisha Brown led Clovis (8-12) with 14 points and Mariah Sena added 11.
Other scores from Friday:
Elida 78, Fort Sumner 67
Dora 70, Melrose 54
Olton 59, Bovina 56
Bushland 41, Muleshoe 39
Elida 64, Fort Sumner 60, OT
Melrose 45, Dora 42
Olton 68, Bovina 34
Bushland 53, Muleshoe 47
Look for Dave Wagner’s game report on the Lady Wildcats and other area games at the VarsityNow section.
• • •
The editors asked:
No Cowboys. No Broncos. No Hank Baskett. Do you care about watching the Super Bowl? Maybe for the commercials or to see Tom Petty perform at halftime?
Here’s what readers had to say:
• What a question! Everyone wants to watch a winner at work. It’s an honor to see the Patriots continue their disciplined effort and see them take home the prize. We can all learn something from them.” – Carolyn Spence
• I’m from New York so I’m loving it. I have a son-in-law who lives in Boston so we chat back and forth a little. As for Tom Petty – not bad, but time to get things done while the halftime show goes on.” – Steve Gershon
• The Super Bowl will be worth watching (because of) the Eli Manning story.” – Bill Gaedke
• “Nuts. Cowboys gone, Seahawks gone, football season is over. Might watch the commercials, though. … Who is Tom Petty?” – Frank Dalton
• “I will be watching the Super Bowl even though the Packers did not make it this year. I would like to see the Giants beat the Patriots and spoil their winning record.” – Gerald Majewski
• • •
Want to participate in question-and-answer sessions with the editors?
We’ll provide the questions. Your answers will be posted here.