A Curry County grand jury indicted five people Friday for a July 28 home invasion burglary in Clovis, according to a press rlease from the district attorney’s office.
• Raynaldo Jeremy Enriquez, 19
• Fernando Romero Jr., 21
• Oscar Hernandez, 16
• Mark Aragon, 15
• Alex Romero, 16.
They allegedly forced their way into a private home and assaulted the resident, the release said.
All of the defendants are facing a minimum of 18 years imprisonment and the alleged ring-leader, Enriquez, is facing a maximum of 43 years imprisonment, the release indicated.
Initially, Fernando Romero Jr. was not charged directly in the home invasion; however, subsequent investigation led to him being charged along with the other four, Deputy District Attorney Fred Van Soelen said.
Previously charged with intimidation of a state’s witness, court records show Fernando Romero Jr. was indicted for kidnapping, aggravated burglary, conspiracy to commit aggravated burglary, criminal solicitation, aggravated battery, bribery, intimidation or retaliation against a witness and three counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
The district attorney’s office will be seeking adult sanctions against the juveniles involved in the incident.