CNJ file photo The 17th Annual Ethnic Fair is designed to bring different cultures together.
Freedom New Mexico
The 17th Annual Ethnic Fair will take over Clovis’ Main Street this Saturday.
The Ethnic Fair will be offering a variety of entertainment including a fun run, drum and dance classes, a health fair, live entertainment and a car show.
Selmus Price, chairman and event coordinator for the Clovis Cultural and Ethnic Affairs Committee, said that the event is intended to bring different cultures together.
“There will be events as well as entertainment that will enlighten the knowledge and views about the different cultures that our communities embrace,” Price said.
This year, the fair has combined with the Clovis MainStreet Program as well as Clovis Community College’s Cultural Arts Series to expand the number and variety events.
After the festivities of the fair, Clovis MainStreet will host its annual Wine and Cheese Gala. Chiara Civello will kick off CCC’s Cultural Arts Series Saturday at the Lyceum Theater.
Thursday and Friday
• 10 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. – Batik and tie dye workshop, Main ARTeri
• 10 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. – Drum and dance workshop, Roy Walker Community Center
• 8:30 a.m. — Fun Run and Walk, 14th and Main streets
• 8:30 a.m. – 3 p.m. — Car show, Main Street
• 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. — Live entertainment, Main Street
• 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. — Arts and crafts booths, air games, food vendors, Main Street
• 10 a.m. — Children’s entertainment hour, Bella Vista Arts Academy, Toukon Martial Arts, Main Street stage
• 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. — Blood drive and marrow donor program, 400 block of Main Street
• 10 a.m – 3 p.m. — Health Care Fair, I.O.O.F. Lodge Building
• 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. — Opening ceremonies with fly-by, Main Street stage
• 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. — Car show presentation
• 3 p.m. – 4 p.m. — Ethnic Fair talent show
• 4 p.m. — Presentation of Talent winners
• 5:30 p.m. -7:30 p.m. — Downtown gala, Underground Embassy
• 8 p.m. — Wine, cheese and beer tasting
• 7 p.m. — Chiara Civello, Lyceum Theater