Today the Curry County Commission is meeting at 9 a.m. at the Grady Senior Citizens Center.
Commissioners are expected to:
• Hear a presentation on the status of renewable energy development and transmission line procurement from the Frio Ridge Energy Development Association. FREDA is a group representing 127 northern Curry County residents and owners.
• Discuss and vote on adding a more than $96,000 caliche base to the unpaved parking area at the Curry County Special Events Center, and $38,000 in chipseal for the road leading into the facility.
• Discuss a parking plan and policy for the special events center.
• Adopt the final budget for Curry County in 2009-2010.
• Adopt a resolution opposing the closure of the Gidding Street Post Office.