U.S. Sen. Jeff Bingaman, D-N.M., will be the featured keynote speaker Aug. 18 at a field day at the New Mexico State University’s Agriculture Science Center at Clovis.
“A large portion of the Clovis center’s research and Extension efforts are directed toward renewable energy and natural resource conservation,” said Rex Kirksey, the center’s superintendent, in a release. “Since the center’s interests and efforts are closely aligned with Sen. Bingaman’s service as chairman of the senate’s Energy and Natural Resources Committee, we thought it would be fitting to ask him to be our keynote speaker for this field day where we are focusing on agriculture’s role in sustainability.”
Other speakers include:
• Dick Auld, who holds an endowed chair at Texas Tech University and is a biodiesel crop breeder.
• Gene Hendrick, an economic development specialist with the Clovis Industrial Development Corp.
• Robert Hagevoort, an extension dairy specialist.
• Sangu Angadi, a crop stress physiologist.
• Naveen Puppala, a peanut breeder.
Field day schedule:
• 8 a.m. — Start
• 9:15 a.m. — introduction starts
• 9:30 a.m. — field tours
• noon — Bingaman speaks
• 12:45 p.m. — lunch
Information: Mark Marsalis at 985-2292 or