The Legislative Military and Veterans’ Affairs Committee meets 9 a.m Wednesday at the New Mexico National Guard Armory, 600 Wyoming Blvd. NE, in Albuquerque.
The group, which works as an interim committee, invites veterans, members of the military, and the public to the meeting that mostly focuses on veterans care.
There are no committee members representing Curry or Roosevelt counties.
A public comment section opens at 3 p.m.
Discussion items include:
• Health care access for veterans.
• Long-term care and brain injury services for veterans.
• Lung cancer screening programs for veterans.
• Commissioning of the USS New Mexico.
• Kirtland Air Force Base mission and community planning.
• An optional tour of the guard’s 150th Fighter Wing.