The city of Clovis has scheduled five neighborhood meetings to present the Affordable Housing Plan and Ordinance, and answer questions regarding implementation of the plan.
The city had previously scheduled a citywide town hall 6 p.m. Monday at the north annex of the Clovis-Carver Public Library. A representative from the New Mexico Mortgage Finance Authority will be in attendance to present the Affordable Housing Act, and the Hotel Clovis developer will be present to discuss the proposed hotel development.
The ordinance is up for election Aug. 2. Absentee voting is ongoing, and early voting begins Wednesday.
Neighborhood meetings are:
• 6 p.m. Tuesday, Kingswood United Methodist Church, 2600 N. Main Street, (District 4).
• 6:30 p.m., July 23, Our Lady of Guadalupe Church, 108 N. Davis Street, (District 3).
• 6 p.m. July 25, Colonial Park Golf Course, 1300 Colonial Parkway, (District 1).
• 6 p.m. July 26, Living Stones Community Church of the Nazarene, 1800 N. Norris, (District 2).
• 6 p.m. July 27, Lockwood Elementary, 400 Lockwood Drive, (District 2)