• Today’s focus: Family S.
• Household members: 5
• Children: 3 (ages 11, 8 and 7)
• Special circumstance: The family’s place of employment may be closing, and the family is struggling due to the uncertainty of employment.
• Clothing needs: Boys clothing sizes 12 and 8, girls clothing size 8.
• Toys list: Two boys have each requested Nintendo DS games and the girl would like a Bratz doll.
The Empty Stocking Fund is a joint effort of the Salvation Army and Freedom New Mexico. Recipients receive gifts and clothes for their children, and around 300 seniors are given meals on Christmas Day.
• Who’s helped: Around 300 families who’ve asked the Salvation Army to help make Christmas special.
• Donations: Can be dropped off at the CNJ, 521 Pile St., or mailed to P.O. Box 1689, Clovis, NM, 88102. Envelopes should be clearly marked “Empty Stocking Fund.” Checks must be payable to “The Salvation Army.”
Contributions will be forwarded to the Salvation Army office, 317 E. Second St., Clovis, or gifts may be purchased for specific children or seniors by choosing an Angel tag off trees located at North Plains Mall and Walmart in Clovis.
If you would like to help “Family S,” call Jim Gallop at the Salvation Army at 762-3801.