Recently I received the following email: "I am still praying for I believe it will be the end of America as we know it if Obama gets re-elected."
In response I wrote:
America as we have known it is already a thing of the past.
We now have:
- Open contempt for the U.S. Constitution in our universities;
- Gay-sensitivity education in our elementary schools;
- Gay pride parades down Main Street, and community leadership doesn't object;
- Apathy to a million (legal) abortions each year;
- Uncensored crudeness and obscenity in the entertainment world that continuously blasphemes God's holy name;
- Breakdown of the "traditional" family; obsession with sex outside of marriage; unmarried people living together as the norm; illegitimate births at epidemic proportions, and no shame;
- Rage and violence more intense and commonplace, etc.
Our grandparents would be appalled at what we simply shrug off. How would our founding fathers respond if they could see America today?
What will it take for God to get our attention? To get our nation to repent? To truly become a God-fearing nation again?
Regardless of who gets elected in 2012, God can and will use the matter for his purpose.
As we pray the Lord's Prayer, "Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven," we are not trying to get God to do things our way, but that he would lead us to trust his will and make us a part of it (that we not find ourselves going against it).
As we observe "Good Shepherd" Sunday (May 29), may we hear his voice and follow him! He still is King of kings and Lord of lords! After all, the Good Shepherd laid down his life and took it up again for us all.
State number could help ID illegal immigrants
There has been a big controversy over illegal immigrants, over citizenship and driver's licenses and Social Security numbers.
How to resolve these issues is the question of the Centennial year.
I am considering asking our state to start thinking about issuing a state number in addition to the U.S. number.
I believe this is one way to tag illegal immigrants.