Jaime Salazar, 26, of Clovis, was sentenced to seven years in prison Wednesday for dealing cocaine, according to a news release from the office of Ninth Judicial District Attorney Matthew Chandler.
Chandler also said $53,000 confiscated in the original drug arrest will be forfeited to law enforcement.
According to the news release:
- Salazar was convicted at a jury trial July 12.
- The Region V Drug Task Force received an anonymous tip on Feb. 16, 2011, that a "large amount" of cocaine would be delivered to the Kings Inn Hotel in Clovis.
- That same day officers observed a truck matching the vehicle's description driven by Salazar enter the hotel parking lot.
- Agents discovered more than $53,000 in cash, 312 grams of cocaine and two handguns inside the truck.
- Salazar will be placed on two years of supervised probation after being released from prison.