The Clovis Community College board of trustees met Wednesday morning and approved the following agenda items:
• Renewal of a professional service contract with Western States Insurance Group for insurance coverage for the period of July 1, 2013 to July 1, 2014.
The renewal amount of $274,462 reflects an increase of $13,674 from the previous year’s premium.
• Renewal of a professional service contract with Ellucian Support Inc. for Banner software, which regulates student and financial data.
• Renewal of a professional service contract for evening custodial services from Supreme Maintenance, Inc.
• Contract award to CompRay, Inc. to provide a comprehensive Digital Overhead Radiographic System to be used by the school’s radiology department.
Funding for the acquisition and installation of the system, which totals $138,421, is provided by the Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College Career Training grant.
• Five-year capital projects plan submittal, which includes a request to the New Mexico Higher Education Department for $600,000 to repair 80,000 square feet of roof at the college.
• Presidential employment contract to include a 2.4 percent raise for CCC president Becky Rowley.
Administrative staff received the same 2.4 percent raise earlier this year, but Rowley’s contract required amendment to reflect the same increase.
The raise brings Rowley’s salary to $148,480.
In addition to the approved agenda items, the board also:
• Welcomed new member Nola Powal. She was sworn in by Judge Ted Hartley.
• Tabled a decision on a tobacco-free campus policy, which was brought before the board in response to Senate Memorial 63.
The memorial requests the governing bodies of every public post-secondary educational institution in New Mexico to implement a tobacco-free campus policy.
The decision was tabled so the policy could be rewritten to include verbiage banning electronic cigarettes.
• Went into executive session to discuss limited personnel matters.
The next meeting of the CCC Board of Trustees will be held 8 a.m. Aug. 7 in Room 512 at the college.