Area road construction and closure information for this week:
City of Clovis
- Due to inclement weather in June and July, the schedule for opening Norris Street from Wilhite Road to Mollie Circle has been delayed. The roadway was originally scheduled to open prior to the start of the school year but has now been rescheduled to open in late August, pending further delays. Accommodations will be made to provide access to all Mesa Elementary parking lots as well as pedestrians. All traffic will need to enter the school from Norris Street via Wilhite Road. The normal parent drop off patterns will remain in effect.
- Should you have any questions regarding the construction please contact City Engineer Justin Howalt at 769-2376.
- Due to the wet weather conditions the past week, the Curry County Road Department will be finishing up work on Curry Road 13 from Curry Road E to Curry Road G, and also working on the following intersections: Curry Road 13 and Curry Road E; Curry Road 13 and Curry Road E.5; Curry Road 12 and Curry Road E. Avoid areas when workers are present.
- Curry County has begun shredding bar ditches. Be aware of workers and posted speed limit signs.
State and Federal
- Portales – Westbound on First Street from Boston to Ave C is reduced to one lane. Eastbound on Second Street from Ave C to Abilene is reduced to one travel lane.
- Roads scheduled for chip seal this summer include U.S. 70, N.M. 244, N.M. 532, N.M. 48, and N.M. 220.
- During these projects motorists can expect short delays between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m., seven days a week, weather permitting. Drivers are asked to watch for NMDOT maintenance personnel working in the area, observe temporary construction signs, and reduce speed to the posted speed limits. Remember to please drive safely through work zones.