Clovis City Commission
The Clovis City Commission will meet 5:15 p.m. Thursday at the North Annex of the Clovis-Carver Library.
Agenda items include:
• A seven-item consent agenda including the adoption of a resolution directing the city’s human resources department to implement a Veterans Initiative Policy to increase opportunities for veterans to obtain city employment.
• Request for approval of 2014 Capital Outlay Legislative priorities. The city’s priorities for funding include:
• $5.2 million for Ute Water Pipeline construction
• $2.5 million for construction of an effluent re-use system
• $250,000 for Seventh Street improvements
• $4,000,000 for Wilhite Street improvements.
• Request for approval to relocate prairie dogs from Clovis to Ector County, Texas, and water from the city to assist in relocation.
The item was withdrawn from November’s Commission meeting, and Joann Haddock with Citizens for Prairie Dogs has identified a location in Ector County to transfer 200 to 300 prairie dogs.
— Compiled by CNJ staff writer Emily Crowe