The Eastern New Mexico Water Utility Authority met Thursday morning at Clovis City Hall.
• The authority received an audit report from Hinkle and Landers of Albuquerque for the year ending June 2013. The agency reported no findings in the audit.
• The authority discussed a $4 million award from the state water trust board for construction of the interim pipeline that goes down to Portales. The goal is to have that phase’s construction begin within 18 months.
• A trip is planned for the Canadian River Compact Commission meeting, set for March 4 in Oklahoma City. Authority members plan to give a presentation on the Eastern New Mexico Rural Water System.
• The authority expects to receive at least $600,000 on the 2014 federal budget, but is optimistic the award could rise to $2.1 million.
• An executive session listed on the meeting agenda to discuss litigation was not held.
• The next meeting is scheduled for March 20 in Portales.
— Compiled by CNJ staff writer Kevin Wilson