A series of surveys to better understand the needs of Clovis’ businesses will be conducted; and committee members who will coordinate said surveys have been chosen.
According to a press release from Clovis Industrial Development Corporation, the effort is part of the Business Retention and Expansion Strategies Program.
Committee members were chosen by CIDC and CMM Enterprises officials.
A similar survey was conducted in 1994 with “great success,” the press release states.
“The survey is designed to measure satisfaction of businesses in our community and to address needs and concerns that arise from this effort,” states Roy Miller, BRE specialist with CMM Enterprises, in the press release.
Miller states in the press release that the last survey helped resolve issues with stop lights, promoted discussion on what to do with Hotel Clovis, and led to the construction of the Clovis Civic Center.
Only the results of the surveys will be shared with the public; business information will remain private.
Aside from Miller, the coordinating committee for the retention survey includes:
- Chase Gentry, CIDC executive director
- Terry Blaschke, Bank of Clovis
- Kent Carruthers, Citizens Bank of Clovis
- Gordon Smith, SBDC at Clovis Community College
- Lance Adkins, Farmers Electric Co-op
- Tom Phelps, Plateau
- David Essex, Xcel Energy
- What: Survey to determine the needs of local businesses
- Information: Contact Chase Gentry, (575) 763-3435 or Roy Miller, email@example.com