The Clovis Municipal Schools Board of Education will meet 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at the administration building, 1009 Main St.
Agenda items include:
• A 17-item consent agenda, including consideration of a request for proposal for a new middle school, bills, cafeteria supply bids and a request for bids for a reroof of Zia Elementary.
• Recognition of New Mexico Schools Board Association student achievement award winners and recognition of Whiz Kids volunteers.
• A request to travel from the Clovis High School band Oct. 27-31 to Utah for a pair of competitions.
• Curriculum considerations of personal finance for grades 10-12, and computer communications and journalism for grades 7-8.
• Board policy revisions related to legislation passed in the 2011 session, including elimination of corporal punishment.
• A natural gas contract with BP Energy Company.
• Application to the Public School Capital Outlay Council for lease payment assistance for the Choices alternative school. The school used similar funding last year, and had an average attendance of 261 students with 95 graduates.
— Compiled by CNJ staff writer Kevin Wilson