The Clovis City Commission meets 5:15 p.m. Thursday at the north annex of the Clovis-Carver Public Library.
Agenda items include:
• An ordinance allowing the city to refinance parks and recreation bonds for $3.6 million to pay for projects in the city’s parks and recreation master plan. The ordinance was introduced at the June 2 meeting.
• Requests for approval of applications for the Department of Justice Bulletproof Vest Partnership, Justice Assistance Grant monies and an interlocal agreement between the city and Curry County for oversight, uses and administration of JAG monies.
• A request for nomination and letter of support for City Commissioner Bobby Sandoval to submit his candidacy to serve as a New Mexico Municipal League Director at Large.
• A request to allow fishing at Dennis Chavez Park, and to let the state department of game and fish stock the lake.
• A request to build a track for radio controlled cars and rock crawling at Ned Houk Park’s model aircraft facility. The Aircraft Drivers Society stated no objection to another group using the facility.
— Compiled by CNJ staff writer Kevin Wilson