The Clovis City Commission meets at 5:15 p.m. today at the North Annex of the Clovis-Carver Public Library:
Items on the agenda include:
• A request to issue $100 million in industrial revenue bonds for the Southwest Chese plant. Clovis Industrial Development Corp. Executive Director Chase Gentry said the bonds would go towards equipment upgrades.
• Recognition of Wastewater Supervisor Durwood Billington as the New Mexico Water and Wastewater Association’s outstanding operator of the year for 2008.
• A request to amend the lease for Clovis Bio-Diesel to extend completion date on its biodiesel plant to Dec. 31. Gentry said the company has difficulties due to the high price of canola oil, which is used in the production of biodiesel, and the crash of finance markets.
• A resolution to dedicate property to the Clovis Municipal Airport.
• A consideration of changes to membership requirements for the public works committee.