Key issues in the races for three Curry County Commission seats:
• Curry County Adult Detention Center: Eight inmates at the detention center escaped Aug. 24. Two are still at large — Edward Salas and Louis Chavez.
The county is currently in the process of hiring a new detention center administrator since the Aug. 16 retirement of Leslie Johnson.
• Curry County Events Center: Residents are concerned about costs of completing construction and management of the center once completed.
Questions remain about booking enough events to make it viable and whether alcohol sales should be allowed at the center?
• Nuisance ordinance: An online video showing run-down properties in Clovis has been a hot topic since the March city elections. Cleaning up entrance ways from Cannon Air Force Base to the city is a need the video highlights, candidates have said.
Key discussion points include:
• The balance between responsibility of the city of Clovis and of Curry County.
• The balance between beautification of the county and respecting individual property rights
• Enforcing laws already available versus new laws targeting unsightly properties
— Compiled by CNJ staff writer Kevin Wilson