Texico man dies of electrocution
Published: Monday, December 24th, 2007
A 44-year-old Texico man was electrocuted Sunday afternoon in Farwell while cleaning water out of a basement at a residence on Highway 292, police said. Rocky Horton died at the scene, according to Farwell Police Chief Scott Burton. Burton said police and paramedics tried to resuscitate the victim for 35 minutes using CPR and other methods. Police received the emergency call about 2:40 p.m. (CST), Burton said. Burton said Horton was killed when he touched a lamp that was plugged into an extension cord. The cord was on wet carpet, the chief said. The homeowner was with Horton in the basement at the time of the accident, Burton said. The homeowner was not injured, Burton said. Services are pending with Steed-Todd Funeral Home.
Click Here To See More Stories Like This