* Lane Draper pumped in 22 points to lead Melrose to a 72-58 win over Clovis Christian. Jordan Broome led the Eagles with 16 points.
* Lucas Walthers led a balanced attacked with 14 points as Texico beat Friona for third time this season, 45-35.
* Senior Dillon Gallman scored 16 points as Muleshoe reached the .500 mark for the first time this season with a 60-38 win at Lockney.
* Sophomore Lincoln Devault scored 14 points as Farwell beat Springlake-Earth 53-37 in its District 3-1A opener.
* Two Jeff Reeves free throws with 11.9 seconds left lifted Santa Rosa to a 49-48 win over Fort Sumner. Berry Stinnett led the Foxes with 21 points.
* Jesus Rocha scored 17 points as Bovina beat Morton 45-38 in its District 3-1A opener.
3 — Times Texico has held Friona to 40 points or less this season. All were Wolverines wins.
7 — 3-pointers Santa Rosa hit in its win over Fort Sumner.
11 — Combined 3-pointers in Melrose’s win over Clovis Christian.
42 — Points Dora sophomore Lathan Lieb scored in a 73-55 win at Eunice.
* Junior Jocelyn Swann’s free throw with 25 seconds left pushed Clovis Christian past Melrose 37-36. Swann and Jennifer Schaap finished with 12 points each for CCS. Cara Barnard led Melrose with 18 points.
* Sarah Stinnett, Bree Lucero and Racheal Chavez combined for 33 points for Fort Sumner in a 62-47 loss at Santa Rosa.
n Tiffani Jones scored 10 points of her 14 points in second quarter, including two 3-pointers, as Farwell improved to 2-0 in District 3-1A with a 56-46 win at Springlake-Earth.
* Senior Morgan Smith career-high 23 points, including nine in the fourth quarter, keyed Muleshoe’s 56-50 District 2-2A win at Floydada.
* Yoselin Rueda scored 16 points and Kim Casas 14 for Bovina in a 51-47 District 3-1A loss at Morton.
22 — Points Farwell scored in the second quarter of its win over Springlake-Earth.
11 — Free throws Morgan Smith hit in 14 attempts in Muleshoe’s win over Floydada.
Click Here To See More Stories Like This