The Clovis City Commission will meet 5:15 p.m. Thursday at the North Annex of the Clovis-Carver Public Library.
Agenda items include:
• Selection of a new mayor pro-tem.
• Committee assignments for the new commission. There are 33 committees, with commissioners from the previous term taking anywhere from five to 10 assignments.
• A presentation to former District 2 Commissioner Fred Van Soelen for his two terms of service.
• A certificate of appreciation for the Eschenbauch family of Clovis, the first to respond for aid following an explosion at H2O Express.
• Permission for a pair of 5K races at Hillcrest Park. One will be 8 a.m. April 14 to benefit a dance at Clovis High School the other 8 a.m. May 5 by a group of pediatric nurses raising money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation in honor of Jacob Thomson, who was killed in an automobile accident in December.
Both races will be held inside the confines of the park and require no street closures.
— Compiled by CNJ Staff Writer Kevin Wilson