The Clovis Municipal Schools Board of Education met Tuesday night at the CMS administrative office.
Items approved by the board included:
• Request for permission to travel for Clovis Community College TRiO Upward Bound program. The group consists of six seniors and three staff chaperones which will visit Los Angeles as part of its senior cultural trip. During the trip the students will visit the University of Southern California.
• A request for a Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) phone system. The proposed new telecommunication system in Clovis schools will include improved technology and more operators. The cost is $346,708.48.
• An cceptance of offer for land on 21st Street and Humphrey by Joel Shirley, schools deputy superintendent of operations, and Jody Balch, director of operations for Clovis Municipal Schools.
• Appointment of board members to serve on the facilities master plan committee.
• Reorganization of the board of education members.
— Compiled by CNJ staff writer Benna Sayyed