ENMU (14-12, 7-10 Lone Star Conference) at Midwestern State (22-3, 14-3)
• When: 6 p.m. (MST) Saturday at Wichita Falls, Texas.
• Radio: KSEL-AM 105.9.
• Last time out: The Greyhounds won at home over Cameron 67-65 on Wednesday night. The Mustangs, ranked fifth in NCAA Division II, lost at West Texas A&M 60-56.
• Last meeting: ENMU handed the Mustangs their first loss of the season, an 80-72 decision at Greyhound Arena on Jan. 14 which snapped a nine-game losing streak against MSU.
• Of note: Wednesday’s win locked up the No. 6 seed for ENMU in next week’s LSC tournament at Allen, Texas. ENMU faces third-seeded West Texas A&M at 11 a.m. (MST) on Wednesday in the quarterfinals. … Midwestern State shares the conference lead with Tarleton State, but has the tiebreaker over the Texans and would clinch the top seed in the conference meet with a win. … Since losing its home opener to Dallas Baptist in November 2008, the Mustangs have won 55 of their last 56 at Ligon Coliseum, the only loss a 49-47 decision to Tarleton late last season. … MSU, ranked fifth in NCAA Division II, leads the all-time series with the Hounds 21-15, including 11-5 at Wichita Falls. … Michael Loyd, a 6-foot-1 senior G, leads the team in scoring at 13.0 ppg, followed by 6-7 junior F Anthony Harris (12.1) and 6-3 junior G JaMichael Rivers (10.5). … Senior G Keonte Logan has gone 10-for-15 from 3-point range over the last seven games. That said, the Mustangs have been a somewhat average shooting team this season despite their overall success — 45 percent from the field, including 32 percent on 3-pointers, and 60 percent from the FT line.
ENMU (10-15, 8-11 Lone Star Conference) at Midwestern State (18-7, 14-5)
• When: 4 p.m. (MST) Saturday at Wichita Falls, Texas.
• Radio: KSEL-FM 105.9.
• Last time out: The Zias outlasted Cameron 72-64 in overtime on Wednesday at Greyhound Arena, while the Mustangs lost at West Texas A&M 71-69.
• Last meeting: MSU edged the Zias 70-67 in overtime at Greyhound Arena on Jan. 14.
• Of note: The Zias need a win or an Abilene Christian loss at Tarleton State to earn a spot in the LSC tournament. They could conceivably finish as high as No. 6. … MSU, locked in as the No. 3 seed in the tournament, comes into the game on a three-game losing streak — a home loss to Tarleton and road setbacks to Texas Woman’s and WT, by a combined 12 points. … The Mustangs are 11-2 at home this season. The other loss came in November, a 97-96 decision to Central Missouri in double overtime. … Leading scorers for Midwestern are 5-10 senior G Savannah Carver (15.8 ppg) and 5-8 sophomore G Kirsti Degalia (11.6). … Carver shoots 33 percent on 3-pointers (41-of-125), while MSU leads the conference comfortably in that category at 36 percent. … Degalia, who is an 80 percent FT shooter, converted a three-point play with nine seconds left in OT to decide the earlier meeting against ENMU.
— Compiled by Dave Wagner