Texas A&M-Commerce (7-16, 2-13) Lone Star
Conference) at ENMU (13-11, 6-9)
• When: 4 p.m. today at Greyhound Arena.
• Radio: KSEL-FM 105.9.
• Last time out: The short-handed Greyhounds played valiantly and led most of the way at fifth-ranked Tarleton State before losing 74-69 in the final minute on Wednesday. The Lions dropped a 70-60 decision at home to West Texas A&M on Wednesday.
• Last meeting: Commerce used a late 11-0 run to pull away for an 88-77 win over the Hounds on Jan. 7 at Commerce, extending its winning streak over ENMU to nine games.
• Of note: For the second consecutive game, ENMU expects to dress just eight players, with four out with injuries and senior G Reggie Nelson serving the second of a two-game team suspension. … Commerce was picked fourth in the LSC preseason poll. … The Lions’ only road win (1-9) was a 60-57 decision at Southern Arkansas in the season opener. Lately, though, they’ve lost in overtime to Abilene Christian and in three OTs at Texas A&M-Kingsville. … In Wednesday’s game at Commerce, WT used a 16-0 run to erase a 9-4 deficit and take the lead for good. … Leading scorers for A&M-C are 6-7 senior F Desmond King (14.7 ppg), 5-11 senior G Brad Hambrick (13.3) and 6-4 junior F Preston Whitley (10.8). King averages 5.7 rpg and shoots 55 percent from the field, while Whitley is a 43 percent 3-point shooter, has 58 assists and shoots 81 percent from the FT line.
Texas A&M-Commerce (1-22, 0-17 Lone Star
Conference) at ENMU (8-15, 6-11)
• When: 2 p.m. today at Greyhound Arena.
• Radio: KSEL-AM 1450.
• Last time out: The Zias lost on Wednesday at league-leading Tarleton State 73-48. The Lions were beaten at home by West Texas A&M 78-61 on Wednesday.
• Last meeting: ENMU broke open a one-point game with a 19-0 run early in the second half to take control in a 69-52 win over the Lions at Commerce on Jan. 7.
• Of note: With three games left, the Zias are currently on the outside looking in in the race for the eight-team LSC tourney. They’re one game behind sixth-place Texas Woman’s (7-10 LSC), with Incarnate Word and Texas A&M-Kingsville squeezed in between at 7-11. … The Lions have lost 19 in a row since their only win, a 73-66 decision at home over Central State (Ohio) on Nov. 26. All the losses in the streak are by at least 11 points except one, a 75-72 decision at Kingsville on Feb. 4. … Commerce, 0-9 on the road, ranks last in the LSC in scoring (57.8 ppg) and scoring defense (76.3). … Leading scorers for the Lions are 5-8 sophomore G Danielle Dixon (12.9) and 5-11 sophomore F Breanna Harris (12.1). Harris is second in the LSC in rebounding (9.2 rpg) and third in FG shooting (52 percent).
— Compiled by Dave Wagner
Click Here To See More Stories Like This