Abilene Christian (10-9, 4-7 Lone Star
Conference) at ENMU (8-11, 5-6)
• When: 4 p.m. today at Greyhound Arena
• Radio: KSEL-FM 105.9
• Last time out: ACU lost at home on Tuesday to West Texas A&M 78-69. ENMU erased a 17-point, second-half deficit on Wednesday for an 87-81 overtime victory at Angelo State.
• Last meeting: ENMU beat the Wildcats 62-60 on Dec. 1 in Abilene, Texas, on junior G Rodney Blackmon’s driving layup with two seconds left.
• Of note: After road wins over WT and ASU, the Greyhounds are seeking their first three-game winning streak of the season. They’ve now won two in a row three times. … ENMU is currently tied for fourth in the LSC with West Texas A&M and Texas A&M-Kingsville, two games behind third-place Cameron. The Hounds have five of their last seven games at home. … Before Tuesday’s loss, ACU had won three of its last four to move out of the LSC basement. … Three players average in double figures for the Wildcats, including 6-0 senior G Eric Lawton (17.1), 6-8 senior C Steven Werner (12.1) and 6-1 senior G Elliott Lloyd (11.6). Lawton also leads the team in assists (4.4 apg) and Werner in rebounds (6.5 rpg).
Abilene Christian (15-3, 10-2 Lone Star
Conference) at ENMU (3-17, 2-10)
• When: 2 p.m. today at Greyhound Arena
• Radio: KSEL-FM 105.9
• Last time out: ENMU lost at Angelo State 54-47 on Wednesday. ACU downed West Texas A&M 69-60 at home on Tuesday to maintain a share of the LSC lead with Midwestern State.
• Last meeting: ACU beat the Zias 74-56 on Dec. 1 in Abilene.
• Of note: Since getting swept by ENMU in the 2000-01 season series, ACU has beaten the Zias 23 consecutive times. … ACU comes in with an eight-game winning streak since losing at home to Midwestern 76-62 on Jan. 3. Meantime, the Zias have dropped their last six since notching a 65-58 win at Texas A&M-Kingsville on Jan. 10. … Four players are averaging in double figures for the Wildcats — 5-8 junior F Renata Marquez (12.6), 5-7 junior G Mackenzie Lankford (12.2), 6-2 senior C Kelsey Smith (11.5) and 5-10 sophomore F Sadie Dickinson (10.8). Dickinson had five of ACU’s 11 3-pointers in the earlier meeting, notching a career-high 25 points to go with 11 rebounds. … ENMU missed its first 19 3-pointers in that game, finishing 2-for-23. … The Zias fell into a tie for the LSC cellar on Thursday when Kingsville snapped a 13-game losing streak by upsetting Cameron 53-42 at Lawton, Okla.
— Compiled by Dave Wagner