Two Clovis brothers were arrested Tuesday night after police said they fired shots at a dwelling on North Lea Street, according to a CPD press release.
Anthony R. Romo, 22, and Andres Romo Granado, 18, are also charged with resisting, evading or obstructing a police officer and assault on a police officer.
According to the release:
• A woman at a residence in the 1200 block of North Lea told police she saw two men exit a green Honda two-door parked by the mailbox and start shooting toward the house.
• She told police bullets penetrated the front door and dining room window of her grandmother’s house, which was occupied by two other adults and two children. The witness said the occupants crawled toward the back of the house to avoid the incoming bullets.
• Police were called to the scene at 7:42 p.m.
• At 6:35 p.m. Tuesday, police responded to another residence in the 1200 block of North Lea for a complaint about shots fired. The witness said she was contacted outside her residence by Romo and Romo Granado, who were looking for a man at the residence. She said brothers shot guns into the air before leaving in a two-door green Honda.
• Romo and Andres Romo Granado were taken into custody in the front yard of a residence on Horn shortly after the second incident.
Romo is being held at the Curry County jail without bond. Romo Granado was released Wednesday morning on a $6,000 bond.