Freedom New Mexico A stray cigarette in a pile of feed caused Thursday’s fire at Western Star Dairy, Floyd Fire Chief Allen Deen and Assistant Fire Chief Delbert Rector said. Rector believed the cigarette was thrown down out of carelessness. A damage estimate was yet available. Rector said Floyd firefighters remained on scene until 3 [...]
HB 265, elimination of the gas chamber for euthanasia of stray cats and dogs, passes Senate by 38 to 0 vote
Today, HB 265, Elimination of the Gas Chamber for Euthanasia of Stray Cats and Dogs, passed the Senate by a 38 to 0 vote.
By Sharna Johnson: CNJ staff writer Melrose Mayor Lance Pyle said stray animals are becoming a major problem. Though the village has created a part-time position for an animal control officer, Pyle said there have been no viable prospects for the job. “We’re a small community and the residents are going to have to help [...]